Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Critical Thinking Blog Assignment #8

My thinking of science and humanities I can honestly say as changed my mind, maybe because I really didn't know much about science and some important people that were behind some great creations and others not so great. For example, the fact Futurama in the 1939 fair had a huge impact on modern suburban cities, whether it was intentional or not. When we had seen the Futurama archives it amazed me how they predicted so well what America would become. Even though it was just a fair that was meant to be demolished, it was intended to enlighten the souls of Americans that were suffering from the Great Depression.  I think I am still more a humanities person because now I know a little more than I did before. Science awes me a little more now but still doesn't grab much of my attention. At least now I know that scientist deserve more recognition than ever for all their hard work that they put into their research that to this day affect our daily lives. I can say that can be one of the promises of science. In the other hand some perils of science can be artificial intelligence. The idea of robots becoming it's one self and taking over the human race can be mind-blowing, even though that's how almost every Hollywood movie becomes, it can still happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment