Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Critical Thinking Blog Assignment #6

For my research paper I am focusing on The New York World's Fair, Futurama, and Global Warming. I chose this topic because it is one of the prefab topics that stood out to me the most. 
For one of my resources it is entitled Yesturday's World of Tomorrow with an unknown author. I found it on LexisNexis, it is an article from The New York Times published on Sunday, October 14th, 1994. This source is pretty relevant because it talks about the Futurama and it detailed a diorama of how urban American society will look like in the 1960s with automated highways. It supports my argument on how Futurama's presentation was more of an outline of a project than just a presentation. It also fits my research paper perfectly because it talks about how General Motors received a $200 million Federal contract to begin the project, which in all matters, they actually knew that the presentation will see the light of day.  
Another resources I found was also an article from The New York Times, found on LexisNexis. Michael Pollak in his article, A Return To the Future, 1939 Style, is basically reflecting back to the 1939 World’s Fair and using other people’s websites and quotes to support his work. He describes the fair as a “life changing” event for all those who visited the fair. This is a pretty good source because it let's you see from the point of view of the people that actually did attend the fair so then you can look at it in all kinds of angles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment